Feasibility study is the most important activity in project development. Feasibility study is optimization exercise in investment planning for determining the technical and economic feasibility of planned project within a variety of constraints imposed. It is a feasibility analysis of whether a new project will be technically feasible and profitable.
JIND is taking this stage as it is done by analyzing market research, knowing product specification, studying the plant site and capacity, selecting the production processes, calculating the plant costs, investigating the ease of plant operation and maintenance, including training requirement, and considering the plant safety and environment impact surveys, environmental protection plans and harmonization with regional development programs.
The decisions to execute major projects are typically based on the competitive analysis, scope definition and execution planning performed during the FEED stage. FEED (Front End Engineering Design) is basic engineering of project. The FEED is the most critical stage where it is easy to influence the design at a relatively low cost. Unfortunately, projects that are under time constraints often shorten the timing of the FEED stage to meet their respective schedule. The perception is that any open scope and planning deliverables can be finalized after project sanction. However, without the appropriate scope definition, the sanction estimates will not carry the level of confidence needed at this stage. This exposes the project to the risk of major issues in detailed engineering, field construction and eventually start up and commissioning.
The FEED phase typically focuses on preliminary design and execution planning deliverables that helps the stakeholders understand the process systems capabilities, execution difficulties, schedules and most importantly the economics of the projects. The product of the activity is called Basic Design Engineering Package (BDEP), which prepares documents of bidding for EPC contract and Final Investment Decision (FID). At the end of this stage, the project team will request full authorization to commit to procurement activities and detailed engineering work.
JIND Basic Design Services:
- Determination of Process Design Condition
- Preparation of Process Flow Diagrams
- Cost and Economical Analysis
- Determination of Material and Heat Balances
- Determination of Utility Balances
- Determination of Control Systems
- Preparation of P&ID
- Determination of Basic Specification
- Preparation of Plot Plans
- Determination of Basic Design of Rotary and Other Machineries
- Preparation of Civil Engineering Information and Design Documents
- Planning of Electrical Facilities
- Determination of Piping Specifications
- Determination of Various Detailed Engineering Design Data
- Determination of Specification for Insulation and Fire Proofing
- Preparation of Project Specifications
- Preparation of Operating Manuals
- Determination of Design Data for Offside Facilities
- Evaluation and Verification of Safety Measures